DISCOVERY circles offer a place to connect, and to live out our values in the context of personal gatherings and small groups.
ABOUT DISCOVERY CIRCLES
One of the many blessings of McKillop United Church is its large size; this enables us to do a lot in the community and in the congregation and generate the irresistible energy that runs throughout this community.
With two services and a large congregation, one of the challenges is how to feel that we belong. How can we live our values of welcoming, nurturing, affirming, diversity, social justice, and spirituality?
DISCOVERY circles are designed to ignite connection in the context of small groups - everybody is invited to join a circle or DISCOVERY one of their own.
DISCOVERY circles allow each participant to get to know other people and help create a sense of belonging at McKillop.
CELEBRATE & EXPLORE
DISCOVERY circles offer a space to celebrate our gifts with each other and to explore new ideas and skills.
CREATE A SAFE SPACE
DISCOVERY circles provide a safe place to share what’s in our heads and hearts and to explore the spiritual aspects of everyday life.
Discovery Groups in 2019
McQuilt Group meet Tuesdays, 12:30 - 7:30 PM.
Bring your quilting/crafting, stay for awhile, stay for the day.
11:00 AM -12:00 PM.
Discover and start your own Discovery Group
Potential Ways to discover a connection
• Physical activity; hiking, cycling, yoga, walking …
• Special interests; art, crafts, knitting, music, quilting, board games, video games movie group…
• Spiritual study; bible studies, book studies, meditation …
• Age related groups; family games night, Mom’s walking group …
• Social justice; soup kitchen, food bank, picking up trash, climate change …
• Emotional support; sharing comfort in times of grief, divorce, parenting …
• Affirming; LGBTTQ book study, fellowship …
• Sunday worship; Sunday lunch group, Sunday morning book study …